Taking Headteacher Appraisal Seriously
This course looks at ways in which the appraisal process could be reviewed and improved.
We will consider:
• The roles of Boards, Headteachers and external advisers in the review – historic approaches, who does what and the pros and cons of various arrangements.
• How to ensure that objectives are realistic, achievable, robust, reflect strategic aims and priorities – as well as supporting the Headteacher.
• Measuring performance – “hard” data and “soft” evidence. What does success look like and how do you know it has been achieved?
• Appraisal and professional development.
• Appraisal outcomes and pay.
• Policy review