Director, Education and Learning's Termly Working Together Meeting with Governors - Monday 27 January 2020, 6.30 - 8.15pm
These meetings are coordinated by the Lambeth Schools Partnership, which comprises the Local Authority, schools, academies and other education settings working together to accelerate school improvement across the borough and to provide professional challenge and support. It co-ordinates, signposts and brokers a range of training and traded support services available via Lambeth School Services, Teaching Schools and Clusters.
Working with Parents Thursday 30 January 2020 (18.30 - 20.30)
This course is built around the steps that boards can take to connect with parents and ensure accountability. We will consider when boards should communicate with parents and when it is more appropriate for the school to lead on communication, as well as securing effective accountability
The course includes:
• How working with parents fits into the core functions of the Board including differences between single schools, federations and MATs
• What is the Board’s remit in terms of working with parents and which areas should be dealt with by the school?
• Dealing effectively with parental concerns, dissatisfaction and complaints
• What issues do parents need to be informed about or involved in and how best to do this
• How to find out what parents think about the school – and how to show that the Board is taking action
• Effective communication systems and taking opportunities to meet parents
• Reporting on the work of the Board and the impact of decisions.
The course will be based mainly around a discussion of issues and provides an opportunity to exchange experiences and raise issues.