Prevent Training - New Teachers is for those who might have missed previous face-to-face training.
This session is the same as the all staff training provided to schools. It will cover an overview of the Prevent Duty, the current and local risks, understanding vulnerabilities, how to spot the signs that someone may be being groomed and how to access support.
- An understanding of the Prevent Duty and how this fits into teacher’s safeguarding roles
- An understanding of the current threat ideologies and groups
- An understanding of how someone might be vulnerable to radicalisation
- An understanding of what signs to look out for
- Basic knowledge of thresholds; what constitutes early help support and what constitutes Channel
- Confidence in how to report and how the Channel process works.
This course is free. Please book through the School Services Portal.
Suitable for School Leaders/Teaching & Support Staff in the Early Years, Primary, Secondary and FE sectors.