There are six SENCO Network sessions per academic year. Agendas for each network session will include aspects of the following:
- Local and national developments in SEND
- Funding for SEN
- Identification, assessment and meeting needs, measuring progress
- Keeping up to date with Ofsted requirements
- Sessions on a range of special educational needs
- Sharing best practice across the Local Authority.
Each Network meeting will include updates on local and national developments in SEND, opportunities to gain a deeper understanding of what outstanding learning and progress look like and support for approaching an Ofsted inspection. It will also look at specific special educational needs and strategies for support. There will be opportunity for SENCOs to network with one another. All notes of meetings and presentations will be made available to SENCOs following the meetings.
The expected outcomes are that:
- SENCOs in Lambeth will be up to date with local and national developments
- SENCOs will be able to lead and manage the identification of SEND, assessment and meeting individual needs
- Pupils with SEND will meet expected outcomes and/or exceed expectations
- SENCOs will be confident to approach an Ofsted inspection knowing the strengths and weaknesses of thier own provisions with evidence to support
- SENCOs will share their good practice and in so doing deepen their knowledge and understanding of a range of special educational needs.
all bookings to be made via www.lambethschoolservices.co.uk only