Supporting outstanding education for children in care
This is an educational organisation set up to promote the educational achievement of children in care to Lambeth. Its day-to-day running is based on the guidance outlined in the White Paper ‘Care matters – Time for change’  now superseded by the new regulations in ‘Promoting the Attainment of Looked After Children’ introduced in September 2014 as part of the Children and Families Bill 2014.
The Virtual School offers support and advice to social workers, independent reviewing officers, designated teachers for CLA, school governors and foster carers but its main role is to:
• Work with Admissions, Inclusion and SEND teams around the country to secure educational provision for Lambeth CLA wherever they are placed.
• Monitor pupil progress
• Raise educational attainment
• Improve school attendance
• Tackle exclusions
• Have an oversight of children in care to other boroughs resident in Lambeth.
• Provide training for social workers, foster carers and designated teachers that will help to improve outcomes for children looked after.