The SEN team provides a service that ensures identification and assessment of special educational needs are completed to statutory timescales. We provide a range of advice and support to schools on all aspects of identification and assessment of pupils with SEN including:
Statutory assessment of children with SEN
Placements of children with statements of SEN/EHC Plans
Statement Management Service
Statement Monitoring service
Advice and Conciliation service
SEN finance – statement support (delivered in partnership with CYPS Finance Team)
Management Information (delivered in partnership with Management Information Team)
Use of SEN Panel as a decision making body
Strategic Planning – planning the long term provision for pupils with SEN in the borough
Management and oversight of Young People's Learning Agency (YPLA) funding applications to independent specialist colleges.
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) & Quality Improvement Team
We provide specialist support, advice and training to all sectors with children in the early years age range including maintained Nursery Schools, Primary schools and Independent Schools. We also offer intensive support to schools on request.
Our charged services include:
• Bespoke CPD for newly qualified teachers and practitioners new to the Early Years Foundation Stage
• Bespoke CPD for EYFS teams, schools and Clusters
• Coaching for Foundation Stage Coordinators & EYFS
• Support for observation, assessment and planning
• Support for assessing, recording and tracking including meeting the needs of vulnerable groups
• Implementing the 30 hour entitlement
• Effective Nursery Class practice
• Effective Reception Class practice
• Support to create a stimulating and challenging learning environment
• Improving Outdoor learning
• Developing a core book approach
CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
Lambeth School Services is pleased to offer this programme of continuous professional development (CPD) for schools, early years settings and other educational establishments. It is focussed on the needs of the school workforce, recognising that staff are your most valuable asset and that investing in them will ensure the provision of an excellent service, not only to young people but to parents, carers and the community.
Tree Maintenance Service
The council’s tree section provides maintenance services, which include condition assessments, tree surgery, and planting. Trees are managed by Arboricultural Association approved contractors. Tree officers will also carry out surveys and provide advice on specific site issues such as boundary trees.
In order to access the services of the team please visit: https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/forms/trees-form
Early Years SEN Team
The Service offers advice and support to professionals working in Early Years and families who have children under 5 with complex needs or autism (or awaiting diagnosis).
Our services aims are to:
• offer support, advice to parents and carers
• provide specific training, advice and support for our early years professionals in order to create an inclusive learning environment
• enable children with additional needs to access an early years provision to promote holistic development
• work collaboratively with parents, carers and professionals to promote the best outcomes for children.
Our service is made up of a service manager and two home support officers that work across the borough of Lambeth. We also have a coordinator for the Children and Young People’s Disability Register (0 to 18years).
Families who choose to register, will receive a Lambeth Liberty card which provides recognition of a disability where not obvious and also discounts from some providers.
Referrals to the Early Years SEN Service usually come from the Mary Sheridan Centre once a child has been seen by a paediatrician. We have two different pathways for referrals: complex needs and an autism pathway.
For more information our services available for parents please follow the link to the Lambeth Local offer website.
Parents moving into the borough with children with complex needs or a diagnosis of autism can discuss the support available by contacting their local children’s centre
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.